Tori turns 3!
To celebrate we went to Gilroy Gardens on her birthday. Jeff took the day off and Grandma came with us too. It was beautiful and a wonderful way to spend the day. There was drama though- Tori freaked out about most of the rides...and non-rides. The singing veggies sent her running in tears, so did the waterfalls.
It's made me wonder...is three going to be filled with DRAMA, DRAMA, DRAMA. I've heard for some that it is. Yikes, am I ready for that? In the middle of our paddle on the lake she freaked out because I was paddling backwards. However, I was surprised that she even got on the swan in the first place. It turned out to be a nice short paddle.
She LOVED the goldfish ride though and rode it at least 3 times. It's how we perked her back up after she was traumatized by the singing veggies and waterfalls.
Then on Sunday we had a pool party at the Mission Springs baby pool (same place for her one and two birthdays). Thanks for all of our friends and family making it extra special. Tori said that she had a fun birthday. You might have thought other wise if you saw her. She pretty much ignored everyone and wouldn't share her whale. 
Then the real drama began...we had heard from several friends that the three year old birthday is a great time to discontinue the pacifier and it was suggested to make a presentation of it to a baby. That way she knew that she is now a big girl and she wraps up her pacis and gives them away. We talked about it for months and she was all for it. She was excited to wrap them pretty and talked about how excited baby Kylie would be to get them. So, we thought, let's give it a try. At the party we asked her if she wanted to give them to Kylie. Here she is with the Great Paci Handoff. She seemed really happy about it... until bedtime. Oh My Gosh! The sounds of anguish that came out of her mouth when she realized that the pacis were gone forever. True mourning. It was enough to break our hearts to hear her but we did not give in and give them back. Unfortunately, she ended up with a fever that night and slept in our bed. Jeff wondered if she made herself sick with stress. I don't think so. It was just really bad timing to get sick. Well, we've stuck with it and she's been sick off and on but we haven't given the pacis back. There have been a lot of tears but I think we're going to make it. I have to constantly ask why I'm doing this to her but I know it's important for her teeth. Does she have an addictive personality? When she was crying for her paci a couple nights ago I offered all sorts of toys she could sleep with and she said, "No, I want something I can put in my mouth." I suggested her duckie. That didn't help the situation.
It has definitely been a dramatic start to her third year.
It's made me wonder...is three going to be filled with DRAMA, DRAMA, DRAMA. I've heard for some that it is. Yikes, am I ready for that? In the middle of our paddle on the lake she freaked out because I was paddling backwards. However, I was surprised that she even got on the swan in the first place. It turned out to be a nice short paddle.
She LOVED the goldfish ride though and rode it at least 3 times. It's how we perked her back up after she was traumatized by the singing veggies and waterfalls.
Then on Sunday we had a pool party at the Mission Springs baby pool (same place for her one and two birthdays). Thanks for all of our friends and family making it extra special. Tori said that she had a fun birthday. You might have thought other wise if you saw her. She pretty much ignored everyone and wouldn't share her whale. 
Then the real drama began...we had heard from several friends that the three year old birthday is a great time to discontinue the pacifier and it was suggested to make a presentation of it to a baby. That way she knew that she is now a big girl and she wraps up her pacis and gives them away. We talked about it for months and she was all for it. She was excited to wrap them pretty and talked about how excited baby Kylie would be to get them. So, we thought, let's give it a try. At the party we asked her if she wanted to give them to Kylie. Here she is with the Great Paci Handoff. She seemed really happy about it... until bedtime. Oh My Gosh! The sounds of anguish that came out of her mouth when she realized that the pacis were gone forever. True mourning. It was enough to break our hearts to hear her but we did not give in and give them back. Unfortunately, she ended up with a fever that night and slept in our bed. Jeff wondered if she made herself sick with stress. I don't think so. It was just really bad timing to get sick. Well, we've stuck with it and she's been sick off and on but we haven't given the pacis back. There have been a lot of tears but I think we're going to make it. I have to constantly ask why I'm doing this to her but I know it's important for her teeth. Does she have an addictive personality? When she was crying for her paci a couple nights ago I offered all sorts of toys she could sleep with and she said, "No, I want something I can put in my mouth." I suggested her duckie. That didn't help the situation.
It has definitely been a dramatic start to her third year.

2 comments:
Oye yoi yoi! Hang in there! Perhaps it is a combination of being sick, being hot, being paci-less, and growing up! Your whole third year won't be dramatic! She couldn't have a more down to earth mom to put her in the right mindset anyhow! You are doing a great job!
Oh, that is so rough. Hearing that kind of cry just makes my stomach churn. I can't wait until she gets through it, we know she will cause she has to! You are an awesome mom!!
Tori, I'm so excited to watch you grow and learn and figure out even more who you are this year!
Post a Comment