Friday, October 1, 2010

Hungry Caterpillar

Home schooling has been many things-  challenging  I'm still figuring out my teaching style while trying to determine Tori's learning style and how to make it all work together with some sort of schedule so we are not all exhausted.  It's been enlightening- I had know idea there were so many different educational philosophies.  I'd never really thought about it before and now I'm constantly researching and figuring out what I agree with and what I want to implement in our school.  There are some wonderful ideas and I know Tori is going to greatly benefit from this school experience.  Most importantly- it's fun-I didn't know I was going to enjoy this so much.  Tori loves to learn this way and Siah is picking up on a lot of things too.  I usually set aside the morning hours while baby girl takes her am nap.  We read together everday on the hammock or trampoline. Bake. Do tons of art projects.  Learn letters.  Math. social studies. Science and nature study.

Hungry Caterpillar week.  Lessons learned from this simple book- numbers 1 to 5, days of the week, healthy food choices, metamophisis and plenty of art projects.


We even made him a caterpillar.


0 comments: