Saturday, February 14, 2009

Eating Crayons and Sick Days

This is what happens when Siah tries to color... you'd think I'd have learned by now. Yes, blue and yellow do make green.

Since I can't call in sick-
I've been sick for two weeks now. (The kids were sick the two weeks previous). It's a bummer cause I've still got to be ON all day long with the kids. Last week on one of the tougher days God gave me a "call in sick day". For some reason (God) had Siah go down for a nap at 10:30am just when I didn't know how I was going to make it until his normal 1pm nap time. He slept until 2pm. During that time Tori was playing quietly and then she crawl up onto the couch with me and fell asleep for almost 2 hours... which was wonderful until I needed to pee. When they both got up we had lunch and then went outside. I pulled up a chair and let them run around. Then Tori said she wanted to play in the back of the truck. Brilliant idea- I helped them all (including the dog) into the truck bed and they played for at least 45 minutes. It really helped me get through the day.
Unfortunately, I'm still really sick. I have the most intense ear infection of my life. I've been to the Dr. 3x and it's still not gone. I'm very thankful that my eardrum hasn't ruptured but with the extreme pressure it's still a big possibility. Please pray for me. The past two nights I've woken up in so much pain that I've been crying (I have a really high pain threshold). Prescription Motrin and 2 Vicodin later I'm finally able to get some relief while I sleep in our Lazy-Boy. I've been having terrible dreams though and still don't wake up very rested. I'm really ready to be well.

0 comments: