Do you ever do something and immediately ask yourself that very question? I do... more often than I would like to admit. The most recent example is from just a few minutes ago. As the kids and I were heading home (from a really amazing bible study) they were complaining about being hungry. Tori said she wanted a bean and cheese burrito so I thought, "let's do something special... let's get Taco Bell." I figured they'd eat on the way home and be ready for naps when we walked in the door. WHY I thought eating in the car would work? I still don't know.
I went to the drive thru window and order them both a kids meal with a bean and cheese burrito. WHAT were they thinking? They actually put red sauce on the kids burritos? Which means that there is now red sauce all over the inside of my truck, the car seats, the kids clothes, my clothes... the list goes on.
Before this realization I was heading down the road thinking, "that was a great idea." A couple moments later, Josiah starts crying and Tori says, "a little help please." For safety reasons, I make it a habit not to immediately look at whatever is going on in the backseat. At the next stoplight I glanced back. Here's what I see... Josiah has smashed the entire burrito into the car seat buckles. Burrito is everywhere... except in his mouth which is making him mad. Tori has beans, cheese, and of course red sauce all over her face- cheese is strung from her mouth to her hair- but that's not what she's asking help for. She just wants me to roll down the wrapper so she can continue eating. This was not simply a job for a napkin or even a wet wipe so I found the next place to pull over and removed the burritos from both of their sticky hands and told them that we'd finish when we got home. Josiah started screaming which made Tori cry, "he's too loud!" Now beans, cheese, and red sauce are mixed in with snot and tears. Well, we finally got home and finished our burritos. I've got the clothes soaking in stain remover and I'm now contemplating how to tackle cleaning up the truck and especially the car seat. First, I felt the need to blog about it because I keep asking myself, "WHAT was I thinking?" I'm not going to find an answer but I do find the humor in things once I write about them. I actually think it's pretty funny that I ironically thought it would help me get them down for naps quicker... I'll be cleaning up for half of their nap time now. Oh, I just heard Siah cry and toot... great, I probably gave him gas too! I wish I had taken a picture, but I'm sure you can imagine the mess.
Thursday, February 26, 2009
WHAT was I thinking?
Posted by Bethany at 1:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment