Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Green Day

I don't usually do anything to celebrate St. Patrick's Day besides wear green but today... I went a little crazy. I didn't know what we were going to do today so I came up with tons of fun. Here we are all in green ready to go to the market. Enjoying the beautiful flowers in our backyard.

We made rainbow fruit cups.




so pretty





We baked homemade cookies- OK, we actually opened a box and popped them on a tray. That's what I consider baking.



Tori had a hard time waiting for them.


We did a rainbow craft while they baked.

Fruit Loop Rainbow- Mmmm beautiful and tasty.


Cookie decorating


Cookie enjoying

Irish dinner- green veggies, soda bread, yes- that is a green beer. We also had sausage and potatoes.
It turned out to be a really fun filled day. I think we've started some new traditions.










Video of Josiah caught trying to find the end of the rainbow.















2 comments:

Christi said...

Kids just make days like this so much more fun. I'm going to try your rainbow art!

Nini said...

So fun Beth! Love your fun day ideas! You are such a good mom. I have to work on teaching Analise colors..she thinks everything is either red or green. Love the picture of Tori in front of the oven!